I tried not to make this a list of Things That Would Sound Good on a Life List, things like 'take bellydancing' and 'swim with dolphins' and 'go skydiving' and 'live in an orphanage' because that is not the purpose. Also, I have already done those things. I have tried scare up things that make me more of who I am, and that I would be really disappointed if I didn't do before I died.
(to be added to at will)
1. Own a puppy.
2. Make croissants from scratch.
3. Grow enough of my own vegetables to make a salad (Caesar salad does not count).
4. Bring a meal to someone who is grieving.
5. Host a wine and cheese party.
6. Host a fondu party (that people actually show up to. Not like that time me and Robyn ate $30 worth of fruit and chocolate by ourselves because everyone cancelled).
8. Tip a waitress $100.
9. Taste 1000 fruits.
10. Ring a church bell (the kind in a tower. With a rope).
11. Change a tire.
12. Do a 10k run in less than 50 minutes.
13. Read The Odyssey.
14. Read The Illiad.
15. Go to the symphony.
17. Own a fruit tree that produces fruit.
19. Make Jalapeno Cheese Dogs from The BBQ Bible.
20. Have a picnic involving wine and a baguette.
21. Have some babies.
22. Take those babies to Disneyland when they are old enough to appreciate it, but not too old to enjoy it.
23. Wake up with clear vision (so...have laser surgery on eyes. OR take nap with contacts in).
24. Submit a book to a publisher.
26. Read all of Entertainment Weekly's New Classics.
27. Become conversant in another language.
28. See the Northern Lights.
30. Ride a horse.
31. Take ballroom dancing.
34. Get MA.
35. Get PhD.
36. Knit a sweater (for a baby is ok).
37. Make apple cider from scratch.
42. Own a pair of Miu Miu teacup heels. These ones:
45. Meet Lauren in real life.
47. Go to the top of a lighthouse
48. Send three surprise care packages in the mail to three different people, for non-holiday reasons.
50. Go to the library and leave nice notes in random books.
51. Pick out a pumpkin from the pumpkin patch.
52. Visit a brewery/winery/chocolate factory (tastings must be involved).
54. See a drive-in movie.
55. Make a clock.
56. Go snowshoeing.
58. Learn basic HTML
59. See a solar eclipse.
61. Make 1000 pretty things.
64. Own a house.
65. Learn to speed read.
68. Try hot yoga.
71. Fly a kite.
72. Skinny dip.
73. Learn how to run properly so that my knees don't hurt all the damn time.
74. Wear my hair down and curly, on the regular.
75. Meet Tim Gunn (and hug him).
76. Make a baked Alaska.
77. Do a triathalon.
79. Decorate my house (at least a little bit) for all the major holidays.
80. Start a monthly board games night.
81. Wear a dress with tulle.
82. Hike the Grand Canyon.
83. Climb Mt Kilimanjaro
84. Learn to do a cartwheel (or break something trying).
85. Hike the West Coast Trail.
86. Attend a Canucks playoff game.
87. Visit Menabilly (the inspiration for Manderley in Daphne du Maurier's Rebecca).
88. Learn to juggle.
89. Make a soufflé.
90. Try macarons and then make them.
91. Attend a masquerade. Or throw one. Or crash one. Somehow be present at fancy masquerade.
92. Go to Austin, Texas to watch the bats.
93. Visit the Winchester House.
94. See all seven wonders of the world.
95. Try turducken.
96. Make doughnuts from scratch. The deep-fried kind, not the half-assed baked kind.
97. Pet an owl (comme ça)
98. Host a Favorite Things party
99. See Old Faithful erupt.
100. Participate in a Color Run.
101. Share a pizza with Alice.
102. Do yoga every day for a week.