Sunday, October 3, 2010

#79: Decorate my house (at least a little bit) for all the major holidays.

Ok so my endgame is to go all-out for holidays.  I want to be the house down the street with Dead Moses on the lawn (flames shoot out of his hands.  It is seriously Bad Ass).  The problem is both zero dollars and zero space.  We'll be moving a majillion times in the next ten years, and I don't want to be packing crates of decorations hither and yon.  SO!  If I give myself one splurge per holiday per year, I will eventually have enough to bedeck my halls to my tastes without drowning myself in THEEEENGS.

Halloween 2010


This year for Halloween I bought myself this sweeting from the dollar store.


That may be the single most expensive thing I've ever bought from a dollar store, but totally worth it.  She is unassuming at first, but UNFURL!


She's got legs.

My sister rolled around last week to help me decide where to put her


and to strew cobwebs on the chandelier


and to set out the cauldron of eyes


and to decorate Sam's pumpkin.


In case you were wondering what we were wondering, they don't fit.


Christmas 2010


Tiny tree in living room.


Duckies in santa hats.

Christmas 2011


Tiny tree on Eleanor's dresser, avec nutcracker.

Halloween, 2012

Rosencrantz and Guildenstern on the kitchen window.


Lady Leggs on the patio window.


Grin No Evil, Screech No Evil, Scowl No Evil.


Alphonse and Marie du Bones.


Eleanor contemplates her own mortality.


Christmas, 2012

Candy cane wreath.


Coke bottle icicles.


Nutcrackers, tree.


Eleanor's stocking.


Christmas forest? Looking a little sad.


No comments: