Wednesday, August 24, 2011

#32: Go scuba diving/snorkeling.

On our port day in Haiti, Joel and I signed up for a snorkeling adventure.


The boat that came to pick us up was full of young dudes and loud music, but our little group was mostly families and pregnant me.  They seemed disappointed that we weren't more excited about the free rum punch on board, and we seemed confused by their disappointment.

But the water looked like this:


Only with more fishes.  And coral.  And urchins.  But I didn't have my camera then because I was both underwater and BREATHING and trying not to freak out in the way that the body does when it realizes that it is underwater and breathing.

Caribbean waters, there is nothing quite like you for swimability.  I will snorkle in your face any time you like.


No comments: